WordPress 6.3 – What’s new and related updates
The latest version of WordPress has just been released. Version 6.3 is available for download or update via your dashboard. This latest version brings plenty of changes, improvements and additions. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Support for PHP 5 is discontinued. The new minimum supported version of PHP is 7.0.0.
- Do everything in the Site Editor: Content, templates, and patterns can now be edited together, without the user having to leave the Site Editor.
- Preview Block themes.
- Create and sync patterns (previously referred to as “Reusable blocks”).
- New Command Palette Tool Enables Quick Search and Command Execution.
- Design Tools updated to include more customization capabilities.
- New design settings for the Cover block.
- Style revisions in the Site Editor let users revert to previous versions of the design.
- Two new blocks, Footnotes and Details.
- Build templates with Patterns.
- Many performance updates and accessibility improvements.
- Failed update safeguards: auto-restore the previously installed version of plugins or themes if something goes wrong during a failed manual update.
- Revamped Top Toolbar.
- Set aspect ratio on images.
- Improvements to List View’s drag-and-drop functionality.
CSSIgniter themes and plugins
The following themes and plugins have been updated to ensure compatibility with the latest version of the block editor.
- Ignition Framework (changelog)
- GutenBee (changelog)
- MaxSlider (changelog)
- AudioIgniter Pro (changelog)