just like Aegean, IndiGamer and Agora, now Aphrodite too got a little better. More or less, these are the main points of the update: Read More
As of yesterday, October 11th, 2012, Twitter shut down their unversioned API URL endpoints, and as a result the twitter widget of all CSSIgniter themes stopped working.
Each and every one of our themes has just been updated to rectify the issue, and they also got a few changes to better support internationalization.
If you use the Twitter widget or rely on proper internationalization handling, then you’re urged to upgrade.
As always, be a good sport and keep a full backup of your WordPress installation before you update.
My oh my!
October looks like it’s going to be a great month. Not only the 9 lucky winners will receive their presents (congrats boys and girls!), but we already released a brand new theme. I hear you say: “But this is not enough Anastis. We want moar!”
How about some theme updates then? Sounds good?
It is good, trust me. October will not end unless we update all our themes, even if that means we’ll have to reprint the world’s calendars, brainwash time-keeping-scientists (astronomers), or even bend the space-time continuum. And you know why? Because you’ll benefit from it. Let me point out (in very sophisticated pointed list) why you’ll benefit:
- Theme updates. You’ll get a discreet notice one the CSSIgniter panel that a newer version exists. You can turn that off of course.
- White-labeling the theme. Just a TRUE away.
- Child themes support.
- Multisite support.
- Extendable panel.
- Less steps to update each theme (this one we did for us, but it’s mostly good for you as you’ll get faster updates).
- A cool new checkbox to disable comments on all pages.
- Touch Favicons, touchicons or whatever you want to call the larger icons used on mobile devices.
- Guaranteed compatibility with WordPress >= v3.3.3 (but you should really consider updating to the latest WordPress version, security-wise…)
- Loads of little things implemented, fixed, or even removed
But good things are happening on the background.
In an effort to expand our support section we are looking for someone who will be able to record video tutorials on how to properly install our WordPress themes. We do provide written documentation but let’s be realistic. Who reads those? Video tutorials on the other hand seem more attractive to users. So if you are interested:
You will be creating video tutorials for our current and future WordPress themes. You will also be creating video tutorials describing generic WordPress processes (How to create a page, how to install a plugin etc). You will also be responsible for reformatting our written documenation to better match the video tutorials.
- You must be familiar with the self hosted version of WordPress. You have an understanding of the WordPress ecosystem (template hierarchy, custom templates, custom post types, taxonomies and the various WordPress APIs).
- You must be a fluent English speaker. That’s not enough though. You must enunciate and use a vocabulary of a six years old. We now have members from more than 60 countries and speaking clearly without using any slang is a must.
- You must be familiar with video/audio recording software (doh!).
- We hate excuses so if you miss a deadline just tell us exactly what you drunk the night before. We may provide good tips on how to get over this nasty hangover.
- Access to our themes collection.
- Work from home.
- Work whenever you want as long as you don’t miss the deadlines.
If you are interested get in touch. Email us at info [at] cssigniter [dot] com and don’t forget to tell us your hourly rate. Action!
Since the beginning, our affiliate partners have played a crucial role in our growth. We respect this fact and we would like to let you know that now for every new member you refer, you get 50% + 50% for every year this member keeps her annual subscription active. In other words, welcome partner!
Not an affiliate yet? What are you waiting for?