As of yesterday, October 11th, 2012, Twitter shut down their unversioned API URL endpoints, and as a result the twitter widget of all CSSIgniter themes stopped working.
Each and every one of our themes has just been updated to rectify the issue, and they also got a few changes to better support internationalization.
If you use the Twitter widget or rely on proper internationalization handling, then you’re urged to upgrade.
As always, be a good sport and keep a full backup of your WordPress installation before you update.
Being a web designer is something that puts a smile on my face every morning, but being a web designer who gets to choose what he’s going to design next and how, it’s something more. It’s “Eudaimonia“!
That is so true, except when I get to design a Portfolio Theme and here are some good reasons: Read More
My oh my!
October looks like it’s going to be a great month. Not only the 9 lucky winners will receive their presents (congrats boys and girls!), but we already released a brand new theme. I hear you say: “But this is not enough Anastis. We want moar!”
How about some theme updates then? Sounds good?
It is good, trust me. October will not end unless we update all our themes, even if that means we’ll have to reprint the world’s calendars, brainwash time-keeping-scientists (astronomers), or even bend the space-time continuum. And you know why? Because you’ll benefit from it. Let me point out (in very sophisticated pointed list) why you’ll benefit:
- Theme updates. You’ll get a discreet notice one the CSSIgniter panel that a newer version exists. You can turn that off of course.
- White-labeling the theme. Just a TRUE away.
- Child themes support.
- Multisite support.
- Extendable panel.
- Less steps to update each theme (this one we did for us, but it’s mostly good for you as you’ll get faster updates).
- A cool new checkbox to disable comments on all pages.
- Touch Favicons, touchicons or whatever you want to call the larger icons used on mobile devices.
- Guaranteed compatibility with WordPress >= v3.3.3 (but you should really consider updating to the latest WordPress version, security-wise…)
- Loads of little things implemented, fixed, or even removed
But good things are happening on the background.
Thank you for participating to our second anniversary giveaway! Here are the winners!
Number 61 (Brandi): The New iPad
Number 17 (Daphne Koumpa): A CSSIgniter subscription for life
Number 3 (Christos Chiotis): An annual CSSIgniter subscription
Number 20 (Rajan): An annual CSSIgniter subscription
Number 93 (Ziogas Chris): A yearly Alpha Enterprise Hosting plan
Number 101 (Carlos): A yearly Alpha Enterprise Hosting plan
Number 130 (Sherry Cunanan): A yearly Alpha Enterprise Hosting plan
Number 4 (Tan Yong Chee): A yearly Alpha Enterprise Hosting plan
Number 26 (Manos Karampasis): A yearly Alpha Enterprise Hosting plan
This theme is now available. Have a look!
Our first theme for month October will be Glare. A theme specifically designed for fashion photographers, designers and models who want to showcase their portfolio in a very classy way. It will support full background videos and customizable listing and portfolio pages. The WordPress theme will come in the first week of October.
You can see how it will feel like (and of course purchase the HTML version and PSDs if you need) over at ThemeForest.
Mustache is our second theme for September and it’s suitable for all those looking to setup quickly a small about / portfolio page. Mustache will be available as a WordPress theme on September 20th. Till then if you all you want is the HTML version, you can purchase it over at Themeforest.
I’m a web designer and there are people i admire in this job. I follow them on Twitter, i read their books, i follow their advice, i stare at their previews on Dribbble. I guess everyone in this job is doing something similar.
One of them is Meagan Fisher a.k.a owltastic and when the idea of approaching my favorite designers to design for CSSIgniter came to mind, Meagan was in my Top5. I wasn’t sure if i was going to get a response but i did and she will be designing a tumblr-like theme for WordPress. Can’t wait to see the result, can’t wait to share it with you!
Once we have the final concept in our hands we will share a preview so stay tuned!
In an effort to expand our support section we are looking for someone who will be able to record video tutorials on how to properly install our WordPress themes. We do provide written documentation but let’s be realistic. Who reads those? Video tutorials on the other hand seem more attractive to users. So if you are interested:
You will be creating video tutorials for our current and future WordPress themes. You will also be creating video tutorials describing generic WordPress processes (How to create a page, how to install a plugin etc). You will also be responsible for reformatting our written documenation to better match the video tutorials.
- You must be familiar with the self hosted version of WordPress. You have an understanding of the WordPress ecosystem (template hierarchy, custom templates, custom post types, taxonomies and the various WordPress APIs).
- You must be a fluent English speaker. That’s not enough though. You must enunciate and use a vocabulary of a six years old. We now have members from more than 60 countries and speaking clearly without using any slang is a must.
- You must be familiar with video/audio recording software (doh!).
- We hate excuses so if you miss a deadline just tell us exactly what you drunk the night before. We may provide good tips on how to get over this nasty hangover.
- Access to our themes collection.
- Work from home.
- Work whenever you want as long as you don’t miss the deadlines.
If you are interested get in touch. Email us at info [at] cssigniter [dot] com and don’t forget to tell us your hourly rate. Action!
2 years ago, Anastis and I were running like crazy to launch our service. Building WordPress themes, building our website, testing our membership system etc. On September 23rd we launched our website. Everything went fine except one thing. Sales. Sales were slow. We didn’t mind because our initial plan was to keep our daily jobs and mess with the whole cssigniter thing on our spare time. We were totally wrong of course and we learnt that the hard way.
A few months ago we re-launched. And this time i think we got it right. See, today we just hit our first major milestone, our first 1000 happy members (they are way more than that right now) but all these things shouldn’t keep us from celebrating our first day online as a premium WordPress themes provider.
Now it’s time for giveaways!
Follow the instructions for a chance to win:
- The new iPad (16GB – WiFi Only version)
- 1 cssigniter.com membership for life
- 3 cssigniter.com annual memberships
- 5 yearly Alpha Enterprise Hosting plans from Fusioned
How to participate (2 different ways):
- Follow @cssigniter on Twitter and tweet the following message: “iPad Giveaway: get @cssigniter WordPress themes for just $39. Details: http://bit.ly/RpxpMv” then post the tweet url in a comment here, in this post.
- Or grab a subscription! Hint: You can get our annual subscription for $17 from mightydeals.com! Then, follow @cssigniter and tweet the following message ““iPad Giveaway: just got @cssigniter WordPress themes for just $39. Details: http://bit.ly/RpxpMv“.
Some simple rules
- While we will cover any shipping costs for the iPad, the winner is responsible for any taxes associated with the prize.
- The contest ends on September 23rd. Winners will be announced in this blog on September 27th.