WooCommerce 5.2.0 was released a week ago followed closely by two bug fix releases which brought the current version to 5.2.2. This the third minor release of 2021. Being a minor release it is expected to be fully backwards compatible with the plugin’s previous version. Let’s take a look at some of this release’s highlights.
WooCommerce Blocks has been updated to version 4.7 and WooCommerce admin has been updated to version 2.1.5.
Most notable fixes
- Fix for the country code verification on checkout
- Low stock threshold for variations
- Dropdowns fix
- Product categories widget item count fix
- New shop setup widget
- Updated net sales link
- Improved handling of downloadable file paths
- REST API: Add support for “order” and “class” types for shipping method zones
- REST API: Fix wrong taxonomy caching in term and product attributes controllers
- REST API: Make the refunds creation endpoint accept input as documented
You read more about the above and many other fixes in this release’s changelog.txt file.
Filters & actions
Two new filters have been added to 5.2.0
|woocommerce_product_recount_terms||Filter to allow/prevent recounting of terms as it could be expensive, e.g. when bulk importing products. #29281|
|woocommerce_ajax_order_items_removed||Action that fires after order items are removed. #29241|
No changes were introduced in the database, and minor changes were introduced to five template files resulting in updating template versions.
CSSIgniter themes and WooCommerce 5.2.x
Since this was a minor release all of our WooCommerce enabled themes were already compatible with it. Today we have released updates for the Ignition Framework plugin and 9 older themes to patch in minor changes and provide updated templates. If you are using our dashboard updates system you will be receiving a notification to update your theme to the latest minor version. Otherwise you can check out our downloads section for any available updates to your theme.