Page templates and configuration options
In this article we will take a look at the available post and page templates and go through the rest of the provided post/page configuration options.
Configuration takes place in the Page tab on the right hand sidebar when editing a post or page. The Excerpt metabox can be used to display a custom subtitle on the Page Title section on pages (area just below the logo/menu – example).
The Page Attributes metabox houses the available template options. These are:
- Default template: When this template is selected the item gets a content/sidebar layout, or whatever is set under Site Options > Layout in the Customizer.
- Content / Sidebar: Items with this template will always display the content on the left and the sidebar on the right.
- Sidebar / Content: Items with this template will always display the sidebar on the left and the content on the right.
- Canvas: This is a completely blank (no header, menu or footer) template to be used with page builders and full site editors.
- Full width: The content area on items with this template will span from one edge of the screen to the other. No sidebar is available on this template.
- Full width boxed: The content area on items with this template will span the entire content width as set under Site Options > Layout in the Customizer. No sidebar is available on this template.
- Full width narrow: Like the full width boxed template, but the content is a bit narrower. No sidebar is available on this template.
The Page Title Image metabox can be used to set a custom background image for the Page Title section of the particular item. This will override the default background image set under Page Title in the Customizer.
Under the Page Settings metabox users can toggle the top/bottom content padding and disable the featured image for the current page. Additionally there are five drop downs which can customize the appearance of the header and page title sections on this page. Users can select whether they want the normal or a transparent header, and toggle the appearance of the page title’s background, normal page title & subtitle and the breadcrumbs. By default pages respect all settings configured in the Customizer.