The easiest way to install the theme, is by accessing your WordPress admin panel, then go to Appearance → Themes. Select the Install Themes tab and click the Upload link located just below the tab’s name. Click on Browse… and select the WordPress theme zip file you just downloaded. Then click the Install Now button, and after a few seconds, your new theme should be installed. Click activate and the theme is ready to use.
In order to install the theme manually, or in case you have trouble installing it through the admin panel, you have to unzip the WordPress theme’s zip file on your computer, and upload via FTP the resulting theme folder into your WordPress installation themes folder (wp-content/themes). Then, from the WordPress admin go to Appearance → Themes. The theme should be available in your themes list. Click activate.
After activation, you will be redirected to the CSSIgniter Settings panel (accessible from Appearance → CSSIgniter Settings) to start customizing your brand new theme.
The recommended image sizes for the Pinfinity theme are:
- Listing page thumbnail: 500px in width, not limited in height.
- Gallery thumbnail on listing page: 500x180px
- Video thumbnail on listing page: 500x270px
These plugins provide functionality and features used directly (or not) by the Theme. So, it is recommended to install and activate them before importing your sample content.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes you can use our custom made shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
- WordPress Jetpack: You can use this to add Testimonials, tiled Galleries, better LightBox, insert sharing buttons etc.
Pinfinity uses Jetpack to display sharing option in Single post items, create unique galleries for a better user experience. With Jetpack you can Add a rich, beautifully-presented media — no graphic design expertise necessary:
- [free] A high-speed CDN for your images
- [free] Carousels, slideshows, and tiled galleries
- [free] Simple embeds from YouTube, Google Documents, Spotify and more
- [free] Sidebar customization including Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds
- [free] Extra sidebar widgets including blog stats, calendar, and author widgets
Sample Content Installation
To automate the process of importing and for a better experience we have natively included support for OneClick Import Plugin. Let install it fist:
From your WordPress dashboard
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’,
- Search for ‘One Click Demo Import’ and install the plugin,
- Activate ‘One Click Demo Import’ from your Plugins page.
- Download ‘One Click Demo Import’.
- Upload the ‘one-click-demo-import’ directory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory, using your favorite method (ftp, sftp, scp, etc…)
- Activate ‘One Click Demo Import’ from your Plugins page.
Once the plugin is activated you will find the actual import page in: Appearance > Import Demo Data.
Click on the Import demo data button and you are done!
This plugin requires PHP version of at least 5.3.x, but we recommend version 5.6.x or better yet 7.x. Please contact your hosting company and ask them to update the PHP version for your site.
Your theme comes with support of post formats. These allow you to change the behavior of each post, depending on the format you choose. Depending on the post format, an icon appears, post format icon on the right of each post, stating the type of the post, and clicking on that, takes you to a listing page of that post type.
To choose a post format, create a new (or edit an existing) post, and from the Format box, select the format you want. The supported formats are:
- Standard: This is the standard format, just a plain post that can have a featured image.
- Image: The image post format, is just like a simple post with a featured image. Of course the post format icon is different. You need to set a featured image for image posts.
- Gallery: The gallery post format, is similar to the Image post format, but instead of a single image, a slider appears. You need to upload multiple images from within the post, in the same way that you would upload featured images. The behavior of the slider can be changed from CSSIgniter Settings – Display Options.
- Video: The video post type allows you to embed videos from a variety of sources. On the Video Details box, enter the URL of a video from a supported website, for example:
- Audio: This post format, allows you to embed an audio player by simply pasting a URL to an MP3 file. You can either upload the audio file via the WordPress Media Gallery and use it, or type any URL to an audio file. Supported audio file formats are: .mp3, .mp4, .m4a, .ogg and .oga, but we recommend that you always use .mp3 files for maximum compatibility across browsers.
- Quote: This post format allows you to post a quote, with proper attribution to the source. You enter the quote on the Quoted text box, the name of the person who said it on the Cite box, and optionally the URL of the webpage that you took the quote from in the Citation URL box.
Love it button
Pinfinity comes with its own custom-made CSSIgniter love-it button, just like Pinterest’s and Facebook’s “Like” button. There’s no configuration available and it just works, leaving a cookie on the users browser to check which entries he has loved so that there are no multiple votes. If for some reason you want to change the heart icon, it is located in images/sprites.png, part of the sprite image that contains most images of the theme.
Adding a Pinterest box is easy using the latest Pinfinity widget
This theme supports widgets. There are two widget area defined.
- Top Header, which is designed to hold the CI Social Widget and the Search Widget only.
- Intro Widget, which is designed to hold all widgets and will be displayed as your first post containing information about you (via using the About Me widget), your Flickr photos, lists, categories, Twitter widget etc. Note that if you leave this widget area blank nothing will show up.
The theme also comes bundled with a few widgets developed by CSSIgniter. For information on using widgets, please see http://codex.wordpress.org/Widgets_SubPanel
This theme supports custom menus. There is one menu location defined, Main Menu, that appears on the top of each page. For information on using custom menus, please see read http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen.
Our custom options panel can be found under Appearance → CSSIgniter Settings. Let’s have a look at each tab’s options:
From this tab you can set your site’s properties.
- Logo text: Textual logo – site title
- Upload your logo: Allows you to upload a logo image. You need to upload it to the correct size. Logo text is used as alternative logo description.
- Color scheme: Allows you to change the color scheme used.
- Site layout: Allows you to change the layout of the site, from the default (post and page content is centered), to the alternative (post and page content is left aligned).
- Upload your favicon: Uploads and registers a favicon. It must be already in .ico format.
Within the background options tab you can override the template’s background settings and set yours as needed. If don’t want that, just keep this tab disabled by checking the checkbox “Disable custom background”.
Various options that affect what your website displays.
- Slider: Allows you to change the behavior of the front page slider.
- Read More text: What will be displayed instead of the default Read More…
- Excerpt length (in words): Limits how many words the excerpt will be, and whether it should be linked to the post.
- Excerpt auto cut-off text: When a manual excerpt is not provided, WordPress generates one automatically from your post’s content, limiting the words according to the setting above. Because that may be mid-paragraph, the cut-off text is appended at the end to show that the text continues.
- Title separator: How the various elements of thetag will be separated (dash, pipe, colon, etc)
- Show “Comments are closed” message: Allows you to hide/show the default “Comments are closed” message when comments are disabled.
Setting up your Social media
In our latest version we have integrated a more modern and easy way to add your Social Icons. Now instead of a plugin you can add your Social Media Links under Customize→Social and display them from a new dedicated widget which will display your site’s social icons in any sidebar your wish. In order to set them up, you need to visit Appearance→Customize→Social and provide the appropriate URLs where desired. Then you can use the Theme-Social Icons Widget in Appearance→Customize→Widgets or Appearance→Widgets
Adding a Pinterest box is easy using the latest Pinterest widget. Navigate to Appearance→CSSIgniter Settings→Google Options and add this
to include the Pinterest Library. You can also add your Google Analytics code there also with no conflicts!
Then you can add this HTML in any simple text/html widget
replacing official-news with your own channel!
You can add a sticky header by enabling it from CSSIgniter Settings→Site Options.
Changing theme colors
A great feature that might get handy is the new Theme→Colors section under the Customizer. Here you can change both your Header and Global Colors.
- Google Analytics Code: Just copy paste your Google Analytics code exactly as given by their website, and you are all set for tracking visits.
- FeedBurner Feed URL: Paste the feed that FeedBurner provides you with, and it will be automatically be server to your users.
- FeedBurner Email URL: Paste the URL FeedBurner provides for registering to email updates.
- BuySellAds.com Code: Paste the BSA code as given by their website and it will be automatically included on every page. Use our accompanying widget -=CI BuySellAds.com=- to display the ads.
Paste your custom css in the box, and it will override the theme’s styles, along with the Background Options.
How to use the page builder template
The theme comes bundled with a page builder template which allows you to use your favorite page builder plugin on it and create unique layouts very easily.
To use that template start by going to Pages > Add New. This will create a new page. Add a title to your page and select the Page builder template from the template drop down in the Page Attributes metabox.
That’s it. You can now start building your page using the page builder of your choice, once done publish it and check it out.
Still have questions or problems setting up your CSSIgniter Theme? We will be happy to help you out! Please visit our support Hub