The easiest way to install the theme, is by accessing your WordPress admin panel, then go to Appearance → Themes. Select the Install Themes tab and click the Upload link located just below the tab’s name. Click on Browse… and select the WordPress theme zip file you just downloaded. Then click the Install Now button, and after a few seconds, your new theme should be installed. Click activate and the theme is ready to use.
In order to install the theme manually, or in case you have trouble installing it through the admin panel, you have to unzip the WordPress theme’s zip file on your computer, and upload via FTP the resulting theme folder into your WordPress installation themes folder (wp-content/themes). Then, from the WordPress admin go to Appearance → Themes. The theme should be available in your themes list. Click activate.
After activation, you will be redirected to the CSSIgniter Settings panel (accessible from Appearance → CSSIgniter Settings) to start customizing your brand new theme.
The recommended image sizes for the Vidiho theme are:
- Post thumbnail size: 284x80px
- Blog thumbnail: 300x170px
- Slider: 960x530px
These plugins provide functionality and features used directly (or not) by the Theme. So, it is recommended to install and activate them before importing your sample content.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes you can use our custom made shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks, a guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
Importing Sample Content using One Click Import
To automate the process of importing and for a better experience we have natively included support for OneClick Import Plugin. Let install it fist:
From your WordPress dashboard
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’,
- Search for ‘One Click Demo Import’ and install the plugin,
- Activate ‘One Click Demo Import’ from your Plugins page.
- Download ‘One Click Demo Import’.
- Upload the ‘one-click-demo-import’ directory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory, using your favorite method (ftp, sftp, scp, etc…)
- Activate ‘One Click Demo Import’ from your Plugins page.
Once the plugin is activated you will find the actual import page in: Appearance > Import Demo Data.
Click on the Import demo data button and you are done!
This plugin requires PHP version of at least 5.3.x, but we recommend version 5.6.x or better yet 7.x. Please contact your hosting company and ask them to update the PHP version for your site.
Your theme comes with support of post formats. These allow you to change the behavior of each post, depending on the format you choose. Depending on the post format, an icon appears, post format icon on the right of each post, stating the type of the post, and clicking on that, takes you to a listing page of that post type.
To choose a post format, create a new (or edit an existing) post, and from the Format box, select the format you want. The supported formats are:
- Standard: This is the standard format, just a plain post that can have a featured image.
- Video: The video post type allows you to embed videos from a variety of sources. On the Video Details box, enter the URL of a video from a supported website, for example:
You can also paste in the same box, the embed codes given by unsupported websites. YouTube is supported, but for the sake of example:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4Z9WVZddH9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This theme supports widgets. There are various widget areas defined.
- Blog Sidebar, which appears on the right hand side of all posts and video.
- Pages Sidebar, which appears on the right hand side of all normal pages.
- Footer Widgets, which appears on the footer of all posts and pages.
- Social Widget on Header, which appears on the top right corner of the website’s header, and is shown on all posts and pages. This area is exclusively designed to hold only one instance of the -=CI SOCIAL=- widget. If you want this area to remain blank, don’t assign the widget on this area.
The theme also comes bundled with a few widgets developed by CSSIgniter. For information on using widgets, please see http://codex.wordpress.org/Widgets_SubPanel
This theme supports custom menus. There is one menu location defined, Main Menu, that appears on the top of each page. For information on using custom menus, please see read http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen.
Front Page template
To set-up a front page, you need to create two pages. Name the first one “Blog” or something similar. Name the second one “Front Page” or something similar, and from the Page Attributes box assign it the Front Page template. Next, go to Settings → Reading, on the Front page displays select A static page and on the following two drop-downs select first your Front Page and then your Blog page. Save your changes.
The front page consists of a slider, a Recent videos section, a Latest articles section, and a sidebar. The sidebar used is the Blog Sidebar.
To assign images and/or videos to the slider, you need to create blog posts. From your admin screen, go to Posts → New Post, enter a title, content, assign a big enough Featured Image and on the Slider Details box, check the Show this post’s image/video on the homepage slider checkbox.
To display a video, you need to select the Video post format and assign a oEmbed compatible URL, or the embed code from unsupported websites. You still need to have the Show this post’s image/video on the homepage slider checkbox checked.
If the post has the video post format assigned but the url/code of the video is empty, its featured image will be used on the slider instead.
The number of recent videos and latest articles that are displayed on the front page, can be changed from the CSSIgniter Settings panel.
Archive page template
You can have an archive page displaying your posts based on the date. All you need is to create an empty page and assign the Archive template from the Page Attributes box.
Full Width Page template
You may have any page displaying full-width, without a sidebar. All you need is to assign the Full Width, No Sidebar template from the Page Attributes box.
Our custom options panel can be found under Appearance → CSSIgniter Settings. Let’s have a look at each tab’s options:
From this tab you can set your site’s properties.
- Logo text: Textual logo – site title
- Slogan text: Textual slogan – site description
- Upload your logo: Allows you to upload a logo image. You need to upload it to the correct size. Logo text is used as alternative logo description.
- Color scheme: Allows you to change the color scheme used.
- Upload your favicon: Uploads and registers a favicon. It must be already in .ico format.
- Sample content: Creates or deletes the sample content.
From this tab you can refine the behavior of the front page template.
- Number of video posts: Sets the number of Recent video posts displayed on the front page.
- Number of normal posts: Sets the number of Latest articles displayed on the front page.
- Slider Options: Allows you to fine-tune the behavior of the slider.
Within the background options tab you can override the template’s background settings and set yours as needed. If don’t want that, just keep this tab disabled by checking the checkbox “Disable custom background”.
Various options that affect what your website displays.
- Read More text: What will be displayed instead of the default Read More…
- Excerpt length (in words): Limits how many words the excerpt will be, and whether it should be linked to the post.
- Excerpt auto cut-off text: When a manual excerpt is not provided, WordPress generates one automatically from your post’s content, limiting the words according to the setting above. Because that may be mid-paragraph, the cut-off text is appended at the end to show that the text continues.
- Title separator: How the various elements of thetag will be separated (dash, pipe, colon, etc)
- Show “Comments are closed” message: Allows you to hide/show the default “Comments are closed” message when comments are disabled.
These options control the behavior of the -=CI Social=- widget. The widget displays Social Media icons, depending on the services you have enabled and provided a link to your profile, in this page.
These options control the behavior of the Archive page (if you created one) with the Archive page template assigned.
- Google Analytics Code: Just copy paste your Google Analytics code exactly as given by their website, and you are all set for tracking visits.
- FeedBurner Feed URL: Paste the feed that FeedBurner provides you with, and it will be automatically be server to your users.
- FeedBurner Email URL: Paste the URL FeedBurner provides for registering to email updates.
- BuySellAds.com Code: Paste the BSA code as given by their website and it will be automatically included on every page. Use our accompanying widget -=CI BuySellAds.com=- to display the ads.
Paste your custom css in the box, and it will override the theme’s styles, along with the Background Options.
How to use the page builder template
The theme comes bundled with a page builder template which allows you to use your favorite page builder plugin on it and create unique layouts very easily.
To use that template start by going to Pages > Add New. This will create a new page. Add a title to your page and select the Page builder template from the template drop down in the Page Attributes metabox.
That’s it. You can now start building your page using the page builder of your choice, once done publish it and check it out.
Still have questions or problems setting up your CSSIgniter Theme? We will be happy to help you out! Please visit our support Hub