The easiest way to install the theme, is by accessing your WordPress admin panel, then go to Appearance Themes. Select the Install Themes tab and click the Upload link located just below the tab’s name. Click on Browse… and select the WordPress theme zip file you just downloaded. Then click the Install Now button, and after a few seconds, your new theme should be installed. Click activate and the theme is ready to use.
In order to install the theme manually, or in case you have trouble installing it through the admin panel, you have to unzip the WordPress theme’s zip file on your computer, and upload via FTP the resulting theme folder into your WordPress installation themes folder (wp-content/themes). Then, from the WordPress admin go to Appearance Themes. The theme should be available in your themes list. Click activate.
After activation, you will be redirected to the CSSIgniter Settings panel (accessible from Appearance CSSIgniter Settings) to start customizing your brand new theme.
The easiest way to get started and find your way around using this theme, is by installing it into a fresh WordPress installation, then navigation to Tools Import, install the WordPress Importer and then to Appearance > CSSIgniter Settings and scroll all the way to the bottom to find the link where you can download the sample content. It will be in a zip file which you will need to extract before uploading.
It is strongly advised that you do this on a clean WordPress installation, without any previous and/or precious data. Under no circumstances we can be help responsible for total or partial data loss, so please be careful. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Setting up your website
One of the first things you should do is add some Services, Portfolio Items, Team Members and Clients.
All the above are designed as Custom Post Types in the Theme for easy access and editing.
Adding a Portfolio Item is as easy as creating a new post. Navigate to Portfolios > New Portfolio, enter a title and Upload your images for the specific project. Don’t forget to set one image as a Featured Image, this will be used for your Portfolio Cover.
The images will automatically be presented as a lightbox gallery slideshow upon clicking on any portfolio image in your website.
Services, Team Members and Clients fall under the same category. All you need to do is add a Title, a swift description and set a Featured Image for them.
Don’t forget that in your theme you will find over 20 custom icons for your Services.
Navigate to Appearance > CSSIgniter Settings. The theme comes with the classic CSSIgniter Custom Options Panel and with some specific option pages for this theme which allow you to customize the look of each section. You will find detailed explanation of these options in the CSSIgniter Options Panel itself.
The main thing to remember is that you can disable whichever section you don’t need (e.g. if you don’t want to show any clients you just have to disable that section via the Team Section under the Site Options, etc).
You can also select how many columns you want each section to span. For example, if you have three clients, you should set the number to three columns. If you have eight clients, you should set the number to four columns so that you get two rows of four client logos.
First you need to install a contact form plug-in. The theme is designed to behave with both the “Contact 7” and the “Gravity Forms” plug-ins. Navigate to Plugins > Add New, and search for the above plug-ins. Install one and activate it.
As soon as you activate your desired Contact Form plugin you should then create a contact form; place as many input fields as you wish and then create a new page (Pages > Add New) named “Contact” or something similar.
The only thing you need to place there is the shortcode of the Contact Form you created by using one of the aforementioned plugins.
Hit Publish, and then navigate back to the CSSIgniter Settings > Contact Section. At the bottom of the list you will find a dropdown, listing all the available pages on your WordPress installation. Select your Contact page and you are all set.
Other CSSIgniter Settings
Our custom options panel can be found under Appearance CSSIgniter Settings.
These options control the behavior of the Archive page (if you created one) with the Archive page template assigned.
- Google Analytics Code: Just copy paste your Google Analytics code exactly as given by their website, and you are all set for tracking visits.
- FeedBurner Feed URL: Paste the feed that FeedBurner provides you with, and it will be automatically be server to your users.
- FeedBurner Email URL: Paste the URL FeedBurner provides for registering to email updates.
- BuySellAds.com Code: Paste the BSA code as given by their website and it will be automatically included on every page. Use our accompanying widget -=CI BuySellAds.com=- to display the ads.
Paste your custom css in the box, and it will override the theme’s styles, along with the Background Options.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes you can use our custom made shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks, a guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
The recommended image sizes for the Mustache theme are:
- Portfolio thumbnails: 460x460px
- Portfolio images on LightBox: 940x340px
- Client thumbnail: 420x250px
- Service & Team thumbnails: 940px in width, not limited in height.