The easiest way to install the theme, is by accessing your WordPress admin panel, then go to Appearance Themes. Select the Install Themes tab and click the Upload link located just below the tab’s name. Click on Browse… and select the WordPress theme zip file you just downloaded. Then click the Install Now button, and after a few seconds, your new theme should be installed. Click activate and the theme is ready to use.
In order to install the theme manually, or in case you have trouble installing it through the admin panel, you have to unzip the WordPress theme’s zip file on your computer, and upload via FTP the resulting theme folder into your WordPress installation themes folder (wp-content/themes). Then, from the WordPress admin go to Appearance Themes. The theme should be available in your themes list. Click activate.
After activation, you will be redirected to the CSSIgniter Settings panel (accessible from Appearance CSSIgniter Settings) to start customizing your brand new theme.
The recommended image sizes for the Molly theme are:
- Post thumbnail size: 610x380px
These plugins provide functionality and features used directly (or not) by the Theme. So, it is recommended to install and activate them before importing your sample content.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes you can use our custom made shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks, a guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
The easiest way to get started and find your way around using this theme, is by installing it into a fresh WordPress installation, and let us create some sample content for you, from within the CSSIgniter Settings panel, Site Options tab, Create sample content button.
You can also download the Sample Content for Molly by clicking here
WARNING: As this will create posts, pages, custom post types, categories, widgets, etc. and change various system settings, it is strongly advised that you do this on a clean WordPress installation, without any previous and/or precious data. Under no circumstances we can be help responsible for total or partial data loss, so please be careful. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!.
Your theme comes with support of post formats. These allow you to change the behavior of each post, depending on the format you choose. Depending on the post format, an icon appears, post format icon on the right of each post, stating the type of the post, and clicking on that, takes you to a listing page of that post type.
To choose a post format, create a new (or edit an existing) post, and from the Format box, select the format you want. The supported formats are:
- Standard: This is the standard format, just a plain post that can have a featured image.
- Image: The image post format, is just like a simple post with a featured image. Of course the post format icon is different. You need to set a featured image for image posts.
- Gallery: The gallery post format, is similar to the Image post format, but instead of a single image, a slider appears. You need to upload multiple images from within the post, in the same way that you would upload featured images.
- Video: The video post type allows you to embed videos from a variety of sources. On the Video Details box, enter the URL of a video from a supported website, for example:
You can also paste in the same box, the embed codes given by unsupported websites. YouTube is supported, but for the sake of example:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4Z9WVZddH9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Audio: This post format, allows you to embed an audio player by simply pasting a URL to an MP3 file. You can either upload the audio file via the WordPress Media Gallery and use it, or type any URL to an audio file. Supported audio file formats are: .mp3, .mp4, .m4a, .ogg and .oga, but we recommend that you always use .mp3 files for maximum compatibility across browsers.
- Quote: This post format allows you to post a quote, with proper attribution to the source. You enter the quote on the Quoted text box, the name of the person who said it on the Cite box, and optionally the URL of the webpage that you took the quote from in the Citation URL box.
- Link: This post format is mostly about external sources. You enter any URL you want in the URL: input, and the post’s main header links to this URL instead of the post’s permalink. The permalink can still be accessed via a secondary link that is shown below the post’s header. You can optionally mark the URL with the nofollow attribute. This is useful, for example, when you link to a scammer’s site to warn people, and you don’t want to be penaltized by the search engines.
This theme supports widgets. There is one widget area defined.
- Social Bar, which appears on the footer of all posts and pages. Please only use the -=CI Social=- widget in this area.
This theme supports custom menus. There is one menu location defined, Main Menu, that appears on the top of each page. For information on using custom menus, please see read http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen.
Archive page template
You can have an archive page displaying your posts based on the date. All you need is to create an empty page and assign the Archive template from the Page Attributes box.
Our custom options panel can be found under Appearance CSSIgniter Settings. Let’s have a look at each tab’s options:
From this tab you can set your site’s properties.
- Logo text: Textual logo – site title
- Upload your logo: Allows you to upload a logo image. You need to upload it to the correct size. Logo text is used as alternative logo description.
- Upload your favicon: Uploads and registers a favicon. It must be already in .ico format.
- Sample content: Creates or deletes the sample content.
Within the background options tab you can override the template’s background settings and set yours as needed. If don’t want that, just keep this tab disabled by checking the checkbox “Disable custom background”.
Various options that affect what your website displays.
- Read More text: What will be displayed instead of the default Read More…
- Excerpt length (in words): Limits how many words the excerpt will be, and whether it should be linked to the post.
- Excerpt auto cut-off text: When a manual excerpt is not provided, WordPress generates one automatically from your post’s content, limiting the words according to the setting above. Because that may be mid-paragraph, the cut-off text is appended at the end to show that the text continues.
- Title separator: How the various elements of thetag will be separated (dash, pipe, colon, etc)
- Show “Comments are closed” message: Allows you to hide/show the default “Comments are closed” message when comments are disabled.
These options control the behavior of the -=CI Social=- widget. The widget displays Social Media icons, depending on the services you have enabled and provided a link to your profile, in this page.
These options control the behavior of the Archive page (if you created one) with the Archive page template assigned.
- Google Analytics Code: Just copy paste your Google Analytics code exactly as given by their website, and you are all set for tracking visits.
- FeedBurner Feed URL: Paste the feed that FeedBurner provides you with, and it will be automatically be server to your users.
- FeedBurner Email URL: Paste the URL FeedBurner provides for registering to email updates.
- BuySellAds.com Code: Paste the BSA code as given by their website and it will be automatically included on every page. Use our accompanying widget -=CI BuySellAds.com=- to display the ads.
Paste your custom css in the box, and it will override the theme’s styles, along with the Background Options.
Still have questions or problems setting up your CSSIgniter Theme? We will be happy to help you out in our support forums