The easiest way to install the theme, is by accessing your WordPress admin panel, then go to Appearance Themes. Select the Install Themes tab and click the Upload link located just below the tab’s name. Click on Browse… and select the WordPress theme zip file you just downloaded. Then click the Install Now button, and after a few seconds, your new theme should be installed. Click activate and the theme is ready to use.
In order to install the theme manually, or in case you have trouble installing it through the admin panel, you have to unzip the WordPress theme’s zip file on your computer, and upload via FTP the resulting theme folder into your WordPress installation themes folder (wp-content/themes). Then, from the WordPress admin go to Appearance Themes. The theme should be available in your themes list. Click activate.
After activation, you will be redirected to the CSSIgniter Settings panel (accessible from Appearance CSSIgniter Settings) to start customizing your brand new theme.
The easiest way to get started and find your way around using this theme, is by installing it into a fresh WordPress installation, then navigation to Tools Import, install the WordPress Importer and then to Appearance > CSSIgniter Settings and scroll all the way to the bottom to find the link where you can download the sample content. It will be in a zip file which you will need to extract before uploading.
It is strongly advised that you do this on a clean WordPress installation, without any previous and/or precious data. Under no circumstances we can be help responsible for total or partial data loss, so please be careful. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Dolce is a Magazine / Blog theme, where you can host your news, blog posts, videos, thoughts and galleries.
You should first start by adding some dummy posts to get a draft on how the theme works.
Dolce supports three types of general content out of the box: Standard Posts, Gallery Posts and Video Posts.
This works exactly as every other WordPress website around without any options. You just have to make sure to set a Featured Image by clicking on the Set Featured Image link in your post screen, under the Publish options.
Once you have your title, image, content and categories ready, you can hit the Publish button and your post will appear in your home page.
Dolce comes with a pre-configured lightbox (prettyPhoto.js) for your gallery viewings. To make a Gallery Post, all you need to do is click on the “Gallery” post format on the right of your edit screen and add content as usual. Then, it’s important to add 2 or more images via the standard WordPress uploader. No further action is needed, just hit Publish and you are set.
Just like the Gallery posts, you can assign the Video Format status to a post of your liking, by simply selecting the Video option from the Post Formats radio buttons on your right.
The only thing left is to paste the URL of the video you wish to embed (full URL, including the http://).
The supported video websites are:
- YouTube (only public videos and playlists – “unlisted” and “private” videos will not embed)
- Flickr (both videos and images)
- WordPress.tv (only VideoPress-type videos for the time being)
Dolce also comes with an Author Module. The author module will display 3 things:
The author description
The author gravatar, if applicable
The author’s facebook and twitter, if applicable
To edit this information, navigate to Users Profile.
Note that the Author Module can be disabled in the CSSIgniter Settings Panel
Related Posts Module
The related posts module works automatically, compares posts with their categories, and can also be disabled in the CSSIgniter Settings Panel.
Dolce comes with six (6) different homepage templates. In order to use one, you need to create a new page (via Pages Add New and give it a title (e.g. “Home”). Then assign a Front Page template by using the Page Templates dropdown on your right (in the Publish post area).
Our custom options panel can be found under Appearance CSSIgniter Settings. Let’s have a look at each tab’s options:
From this tab you can set your site’s properties.
- Logo text: Textual logo – site title
- Upload your logo: Allows you to upload a logo image. You need to upload it to the correct size. Logo text is used as alternative logo description.
- Color scheme: Allows you to change the color scheme used.
- Upload your favicon: Uploads and registers a favicon. It must be already in .ico format.
Within the background options tab you can override the template’s background settings and set yours as needed. If don’t want that, just keep this tab disabled by checking the checkbox “Disable custom background”.
Various options that affect what your website displays.
- Slider: Allows you to change the behavior of the front page slider.
- Read More text: What will be displayed instead of the default Read More…
- Excerpt length (in words): Limits how many words the excerpt will be, and whether it should be linked to the post.
- Excerpt auto cut-off text: When a manual excerpt is not provided, WordPress generates one automatically from your post’s content, limiting the words according to the setting above. Because that may be mid-paragraph, the cut-off text is appended at the end to show that the text continues.
- Title separator: How the various elements of thetag will be separated (dash, pipe, colon, etc)
- Show “Comments are closed” message: Allows you to hide/show the default “Comments are closed” message when comments are disabled.
These options control the behavior of the -=CI Social=- widget. The widget displays Social Media icons, depending on the services you have enabled and provided a link to your profile, in this page.
- Google Analytics Code: Just copy paste your Google Analytics code exactly as given by their website, and you are all set for tracking visits.
- FeedBurner Feed URL: Paste the feed that FeedBurner provides you with, and it will be automatically be server to your users.
- FeedBurner Email URL: Paste the URL FeedBurner provides for registering to email updates.
- BuySellAds.com Code: Paste the BSA code as given by their website and it will be automatically included on every page. Use our accompanying widget -=CI BuySellAds.com=- to display the ads.
Paste your custom css in the box, and it will override the theme’s styles, along with the Background Options.
How to use the page builder template
The theme comes bundled with a page builder template which allows you to use your favorite page builder plugin on it and create unique layouts very easily.
To use that template start by going to Pages > Add New. This will create a new page. Add a title to your page and select the Page builder template from the template drop down in the Page Attributes metabox.
That’s it. You can now start building your page using the page builder of your choice, once done publish it and check it out.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes you can use our custom made shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks, a guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
The recommended image sizes for the Dolce theme are:
- General thumbnail size: 620x350px
- Slider: 940x550px